Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Coming soon to a knowledge spa near you

After reading all the articles I can see how important it is to stay informed about new technology. But at the same time it's difficult when technology becomes obsolete ten minutes after it comes out. However hard you try to stay on top of things I think there will always be a gap depending on what generation you belong to. These exercises have been helpful in pushing me to learn new things that I probably wouldn't have on my own.

Dr. Wendy Schultz's article went a bit over my head, biobot... umm sure. Did anyone else flash to Mary Katherine Gallagher when she brought up librarian superstars? The idea of librarian celebrity/popularity contests is a little much for me. I guess 'thought leader' would look more prestigious on the ol' resume than library clerk though.

3 comments:

miss staff said...

The librarian action figure reminds of the church lady on SNL.

jpanther said...

Well, isn't that special? You know I never realized but the Nancy Pearl action figure does resemble the church lady.

Page2Peon said...

Nancy Pearl was a speaker at our Staff Day a few years back. There was an uncanny resemblance with the Church Lady...